Monday, January 20, 2014

Go and Do

This week I've felt alot like Nephi. "I will go and do" I have no idea why we go do things or how we do them we just 'go and do'. For example in the middle of lesson my companion will be like "Now sister Roberts will sing us a hymn" and I'm like um okay. Or during our ward activity she will tell the congregation "Now Sister Roberts will explain the Story of the Olive Tree in Jacob 5. And I'm like umm okay. Haha We do so many weird and crazy things and every time I ask Why are we doing this or How are we going to do this she will try to explain to me and I'm like um 'não entendo' So Ive stop asking the how and the why and I just do what ever I'm suppose to do.


My Portuguese has gotten alot better. I'm able to understand almost everything when it there are really focus and I'm able to communicate with my companion more. Except for on Saturday...oh my gosh crazy experience. I wasn't feeling well at all because I knew that I had too much milk and I was trying to explain that to my companion why was throwing up and stuff and she was like we need to go to the hospital and I was like "não pressico" no need no need. But she called up the district leaders and at 1:00am we all made our way to the hospital. Once we there I tried to explain my problem the doctor but he obviously didn't understand me and so the poor american elder had to try and interpret everything. HAHA it so funny because the American Elder had no idea what was going on and the doctor had said something and the Elder looked at me and was like "you are going through menopause?" I just started laughing it was so funny. It is so hard and so frustrating when people don't understand what I'm trying to say especially when I'm at the hospital.


Its fine there is a quote that i like that says "Don't look for Challenges in your Opportunities but look for Opportunities in your Challenges" That's what I have been trying to do this week. We had a baptism it was awesome. It was a 10 year old boy and his Uncle. It was so cool and we committed 6 others to be baptised this month so I'm pretty excited about that. I love inviting people to be baptized. Its awesome. Especially when its a members family member its amazing to see the joy on their faces when they know that they are doing the right thing.


I love being a missionary. I love these people.
Love Sister Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment