Friday, December 13, 2013

AAHHHHHHH!!!!! Im in Brazil!!

I love Brazil! the people here are so nice and so friendly and they are so patient with me. Sao Paulo is beautiful! Honestly I don't think Ive ever been to a place as beautiful as here. I have already fallen in love with this courty and with the people. the CTM is a lot different than the MTC. The teachers hardly speak English. So we Speak Portuguese basically the whole time. I'm a little behind but I'm cating up pretty fast. I can almost understand everything that my teachers tell me so that is exciting. We only get 45min to email instead of an hour, and we are only aloud to take picture on P-day and we can only take them in the CTM and we can't send them home. So You won't be getting any pictures from me for a while. The food here is different.. haha its good and sometimes weird but it doesn't make my stomach sick like the Provo MTC did. There are only about 120 missionaries here so the environment is lot more intimate than Provo. The President and His wife are Super nice! They come and talk to us all the time, I love them. My companion, Sister O'Brien just got here yesterday and she is from Leeds England!! She has the cutest accent. I love her but she is really struggling. She just came from home and doesn't know any Portuguese and she got put in a Four week class. The teachers don't understand here English at all so I have ended up translating for her kinda a lot. I love her, but I really miss my Provo companions.
 
I'm pretty sure that I have experienced every emotion known to man kind in the past three days!
Ive been Excited, Annoyed, frustrated, Happy, Sad, Depressed, Discouraged, Disgusted. Traveling was awful. Oh my gosh I wanted to kill the Elder that ended up traveling with me. He is fresh out of high school and he is the kind of person that acts like he knows everything and that he is always right.  Usually they don't have missionaries sit by each other on the plane, but I got the unfortunate opportunity to sit next to him in the very back row of the plane, flying from Atlanta to Sao Paulo! WORST 9 1\2 Hours of my life! My Portuguese isn't super great but I did have a lot of confidence in the words that I could speak, but every time I tried speaking to the nice Brazilian next to me he was like "Oh my gosh sister Roberts that's not how you say it. Don't you know anything?" I was already kinda stressed out about getting on a plane and flying to another country but he just put me over the top! I didn't sleep at all on the plane and so When I got the CTM I was super tired and I was trying to push all of my luggage up to my floor and some really nice Brazillan Sisters tried helping me but they didn't know English and I couldn't communicate with them I started crying, I cried all day. Wednesday was probably the hardest day of my life, I was stressed out about the language and the culture, and the Elder that I was traveling with was so degrading and I hadn't slept in 38 hours.  It was so hard and I was so discouraged. But its fine because I can do hard things. And being a missionary is the Hardest thing I have ever done. But after a nice hot shower, a good night sleep, and saying many many prayers the past couple of days have been awesome. I love the CTM I love everything about the Brazil. Its beautiful and I am so glad that I am here. I wish I could send you pictures because it is so beautiful. The view from my window is amazing. I love life, I love being a missionary, and I love all of you!
-Sister Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment