Friday, December 6, 2013

I'm going to Brazil?! What!?!

Oh My GOSH!!!!! I'M GOING TO BRAZIL!!!!!!!  Woot  woot!





Saturday I had a very strong prompting that I needed to start to prepare myself for Brazil. I knew that I was going to get my visa this week. So it wasn't a surprise to me when my class was interrupted Wednesday morning by the nice lady over the intercom asking me to come down to the travel office. My Companion and I were freaking out!  We walked diligently  **cough cough ran** to the Travel office and the lady was like "Are you Sister Roberts? Your Visa has arrived and you will be flying to Brazil Next Tuesday. My companion and I looked at each other and we started jumping up and down and basically had a very un-missionary like moment.




I looked down at my Travel itinerary and at first I saw that I was the "Travel Leader" and I was like thats weird why wouldn't they have an Elder be a leader it must just be Sisters flying down...um no... I am flying BY MYSELF to a country I've never been too, speaking a language that I hardly know!



Basically I am pumped to go to Brazil. But I would be lying to you if I didn't tell you that I am absolutely terrified. I may or may not have had a slight emotional break down that night. At first I was so excited to leave, but then all these thoughts of "you suck at Portuguese" "your companion is going to hate you" "your new district isn't going to accept you" "Everyone else is going to be so much better than you" started coming in to my mind...Freaking Satan... Its all good because I know that Heavenly Father wouldn't have me do anything that I am not capable of.

But I am so sad to leave Provo. I love my district. They are awesome! I am so close to all of the Sisters and the Elders are practically my brothers. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!




We've had such a good time this week. The Portuguese is coming along.. slowly but is coming along. We have a new investigator this week and we committed him to baptism already so we are pretty pumped for that. 

One thing that I learned this week is that my companions and I are completely different people!! We are so different, we have different styles, we like different things, we want to go to different classes and do different things, but when it comes to teaching the gospel we are Always on the SAME page. Every time we prepare a lesson we all feel that we should be teaching the same thing. Its awesome. I love these girls so much! They're awesome missionaries and they have taught me so much in the short time that we have been together. I am going to miss them dearly.

You all are awesome thank you so much for all the Love and support. My Next email will be from Brazil!! 
TCHAU!!

♥ Sister Roberts

 Package from home
My daily schedule



No comments:

Post a Comment