Monday, May 12, 2014

Feliz Dia Das Mães!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!
I hope everyone had an awesome Mother's Day. I know I did, It was so good to be able to finally skype my family for the first time since I've been on the mission. It was so funny to see that my brothers haven't changed at all and that they are still their goofy selves. I love them. Also It was funny because as I was talking to my family in English it was hard not to say some phrases in Portuguese. Haha FINALLY I am starting to forget English!!! Its actually really funny because now I feel like I think in both Portuguese and in English and it all gets mixed in my head and sometimes I feel like I speak Portlish. It fine.

This week was fabulous. Our ward had a really cool Mothers Day Dinner on Thursday. They put together this really cool slide show with all of the pictures of the moms in the ward, and they got videos from some of the missionaries from this ward giving a shout out to their moms. And it was really neat. Except they asked us the missionaries to sing for them and some how someone decided that I would be singing a solo in English...ugh.. I really don't like singing in front of people, and the last time I sang a solo I was in the first grade and it didn't go so well..But actually I feel like I did pretty good, I sang the first verse of Love is Spoken hear in English, and my Companions sang the second verse in Spanish, and they we joined the other sisters and all sang together in Portuguese, it was pretty cool actually.

We are also continuing to teach Fabio. I love Fabio, we marked a baptismal date with him for the 24th of May. If he gets baptized my life will be made. But its all on the Lords timing so I guess we will see what happens.

I based my personal studies this week on Chapter 4 of Preach My Gospel, recognizing the spirit. Sometimes teaching lessons can be stressful, especially when you don't know the language very well, and your not sure what your companion is going to say or do, but this week my companion and I really focused on being guided by the spirit in our lessons. What A Difference it had made. I know that when we work hard and pray and humble our selves to be guided, the spirit will always testify of the truth of our message. 
I love this gospel, I love this work, I love you!

♥ Sister Roberts
 We Shared this huge pastel for lunch today.. it was good
 My companion made this really good ice cream cake last night for mothers day
I got so excited because the bishop here gave my companion and I new bibles!! Woot Woot, its so small and light and doesn't take up very much space in my bag, compared to my other one.. yeah I know only missionaries get excited over bibles..its fine
pop
Caldo de CANA!!! I love this stuff.


Sister Richards leaving :(



FHE at the Bishops house
I found a really big beetle.. it was cool
We needed a festa so I made crepes!
Me and my companion eating Crepes
The mess we made from our festa


Ice cream!! (and by now I am realizing that all of my pictures are like with food haha I promise we don't just sit around and eat all day)
This week they tour down a bunch of houses in one of the neighbor hoods here and we had a referral for one of the houses but we couldn't find it.







No comments:

Post a Comment