Monday, March 9, 2015

Piracicaba Flash Back!!!

Well this week was not normal. My companion and I came to Piracicaba Monday night be cause we had conselho da liderança on Tuesday. I was super excited because we would be staying in my first area over night, and I was hoping that I would get to see some of my recent converts and what not.

 But what happens, 2:00AM Tuesday morning my companion woke me up because she was feeling really really sick and she was feeling alot of pain and what not, and after listening to her all of her symptoms and what not I was like "Umm.. I think we need to call president." And you know its like 2:30am haha of course no body wants to call president at this hour.. But Finally I called him he gave us permission to go to the hospital. Luckily I still knew my way around Piracicaba so we got there with out a problem. But after doing hours of exams the doctor finally came up to us and was like "So you are going to have to stay over night and tomorrow you are going to have to have surgery because you have got a huge rock in your kidneys" ...great...

Yeah so that was a fun conversation explaining all that to president. Luckily the church building where the meeting was being help was just down the street from hospital, and I think President ran to come and see us because about 5 min after I got off the phone with him, he was there. haha I Love Presidente Canuto.

So I spent the last week sleeping in the hospital with my companion as she has been recovering from surgery. Actually it wasn't that bad. It was kinda fun. My companion and I got this huge room to our selves, the nice hospital ladies brought us food every 3 hours, Presidente let us watch disney movies (Yes Finally got to watch Frozen!!!), and the best part was President and Sister Canuto came and hung out with us for a couple of hours. :) Gosh they are my favoritest people ever. 

Also Yesterday I had a really cool experience. We got to go to stake conference here in Piracicaba, and it was really really powerful. The spirit was so strong and the best part was I got to see all of my recent converts. You have no idea how happy that made me. I got to see Fred, my first baptism, he is doing so good. He has a calling and everything and guess what!?! NEXT WEEK THEY ARE GONG TO THE TEMPLE!!!!!! you have no idea how happy that makes me to see your investigators become an eternal family :) I also got to see Eduardo, who is also preparing to go to the temple next month. And the Sisters that are serving here brought Cida, one of the contacts that I made here over a year ago to church and she is getting baptized next week. Honestly I am so grateful that Heavenly Father let me see some of the fruits of my labors here in Piracicaba. It feels so good to know that my work here was not in vain.

I love you all! I hope you all have a good week :)
Com Amor, 
Sister Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment