Monday, February 3, 2014

Parabéns!

 Woot I'm 20!


Well I'm 20!! Woot Woot. I had a fantastic Birthday. Most of which was spent on the bus traveling to the far out places of my area. We had to travel on the bus for an hour and half to get to lunch and then we had to travel back and travel to Central Piracicaba to catch another bus to travel the farthest part of our area its called Charquada, and it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Its my favorite place to go so I was super excited that we got to go there for my Birthday.
 Charqueada my favorite place
 
 Once we had arrived in Central Piracicaba we discovered that we had barely missed the bus to Charquada so we had a whole whopping 2 hours to wait for the next one. And because Centeral Piracicaba isn't in our area we weren't allowed to go contacting. So we went to MCDONALDS!!! I cant express to you how awesome it was to have McDonalds. I don't even like McDonalds that much but after having rice and beans everyday for the past month its was so nice to have American Food. That right there may have been the best part of my Birthday.
 McDonalds
Friday I had my first "splits" I was freaking out! But it was one of the best experiences that I have had so far. It was just me and one of the 18year old ward members and the empty streets of Piracicaba. I was so nervous because My Portuguese is still awful and the girl I was with doesn't speak much, But in 3 short hours I was able to teach the Restoration 7 different time!!! and I was able to understand what people were saying. IT was truly a miracle. We got 5 new pesquisador! Defiantly the highlight of my week!

I also got the wonderful opportunity to visit the hospital again. This time because I have something wrong with my eye I think I have some kind of spreadable infection or something (not really sure cant understand Portuguese speaking doctors... go figure) But I have to wear glasses for the next couple of weeks (which I not excited about) and When we walk outside I have to wear sun glasses because the sun is bad for my eye or something. Also President has asked us to stay in the house for the next couple of days so I can get better.. We will see how that goes.
Me and my not so sexy glasses
Piracicaba river
Zone Confereance (please notice that my companion and I decided to wear matching outfits)

Thanks for the Birthday emails everyone! You Rock
Love, Sister Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment