Monday, April 7, 2014

Where is Peter?

We got to work this week!! Woot Woot! Honestly, I love working, and I feel like I was starting to get really depressed in the house. But we contacted so many good people and taught some really solid lessons this week. We are hoping that we are going to have a couple of baptisms on the 26th..at least that is what we are praying for. We are teaching this one guy, Fabio that we met in our English class (did I tell you that we teach English?) and one day after class he told us he wanted to learn more about the doctrine, so now we are teaching him and he is super prepared, so we are praying for him.

So we got a call the other day that Sister Richardson was emergency transferred. I was so sad, I love that woman, she is hilarious and I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life, but she is leaving today for Piracicaba which is my last area, and I love that area so I am really excited for her because those people have a very special place in my heart.

Also Funny Story, this sister wanted to make us rabbit for lunch, and I was like okay that's cool I have eaten that before, so were sitting there eating rabbit and it was really really good. For sure one of the best lunches that I've had since being here in Brazil. So after Lunch we are walking around and she is showing us her garden and all of her animals, and I am looking in her little pen full of chickens and rabbits and I asked her what happened to the really white fluffy bunny? And Everyone turns to me and looks at me like I'm stupid and my companion tells me in English, "That's what we ate for lunch." and I was like 'What?!? WE ATE Pretty Peter for lunch?!?!?!" I was really sad because I really liked that bunny, but he tasted really good, so I guess its all good right?

Conference was Amazing! it was sooo Good! I am so grateful that we had the opportunity to listen to the words of our prophet. He is truly a man called of God. As always I felt like some of the talks were directed at me. I love listening to the words of our prophet and feeling the spirit that they bring. I received so much revelation for my life, and so much comfort. Lets be honest. Missions are hard. Before I came on my mission I knew it was going to be hard, but I didn't think that it was going to be this hard. Imagine going to a different country, not knowing how to speak their language, not knowing anything about the culture, trying to bring others to come unto Christ. Its hard, but it is so worth it. Watching the lives of my investigators change brings me so much happiness. If you haven't already watched conference, I encourage you to do so. Its so good and I promise you that you will the spirit and that you will hear the words that can change your life if you let it.


Love you all,
Sister Roberts
So funny story, I'm and idiot and forgot to put my sd card in my camera so this is the only photo I have this week. But it was at General Conference with some of the missionaries here in our zone

No comments:

Post a Comment