Monday, June 23, 2014

Eu sei

This week was a good week..
On Monday my companion and I taught one of the most spiritually led lesson I've had thus far. We were invited to have a Family Home Evening with the Bishop and Julia and her non member husband Antonio. Julia has been a member for 28 years and her husband come to church with her every now and then.
I was nervous to give the message, because I knew that the Bishop had a lot of faith that we would help this family become eternal. All day Monday my companion and I prayed and discussed what we thought we should teach. Going in to the FHE I had no idea if we were going to teach the Plan of Salvation, or the Restoration or what. When we arrived at there house I said a silent pray and asked Heavenly Father to bless us that we would know what to teach and that the spirit would be with us and touch the heart of Antonio. I felt so much peace that everything was going to be okay. And it was.
When the bishop turned the time over to us to begin the message I felt inspired to ask "Quem é Jesus Cristo pra vocês?" Who is Jesus Christ to you? The spirit was so strong as we everyone in the room testified of Jesus Christ. Finally when it was Antonios turn, he said that Jesus Christ was his best friend, that he loves him and that when he feels alone that he prays that Jesus will be with him. I felt inspired to share with him the experience that I had my first six weeks here on the mission, How I didn't understand anybody, and how nobody understood me, and how I had felt so alone, and hat I prayed that Jesus would be with me. 
The spirit really and truly guided  our lesson with Antonio,  We challenged him to be baptized this upcoming Saturday. I am praying that he will have the faith to be baptized. I have so much love for him.

I've learned so much this week. You have to have the spirit with you if you want to have success. The spirit testifies of truth.
 I am so grateful, for the experience that I had with Antonio, and For my testimony of Jesus Christ.

Eu sei que Jesus Cristo é o filho de Deus. Ele é nosso Salvador e Redentor. Eu sei que através ele e sua expiação nos podemos sentir limpo de nosso pecados. Ele é meu melhor amigo

com amor,
Sister Roberts

This is one of my favorite places in our new area

Brazil is truly one of the most beautiful places in the World
 

 Our house is freezing in the morning..hehe eu estudei como assim

Over the River
Brazil had their "memorial day" In front of the Catholic church they blocked the road and made this. and all down the streets they layed out blankets with food

  I made bread last p day and it was delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment