Monday, September 1, 2014

Ser Um Exemplo

Happy Transfers!
I will be staying here in São Carlos for the next six weeks and will be getting a new companion, Sister Bastos? maybe that's here name? Not sure mas vamos ver.

So "Randomly" this week as Sister Cordeiro and I were walking home from one of our appointments we passed a grocery store and we both looked at each other and were like "hey do you need to buy something", and we both said at the same time, "No but I feel like we should go inside" So we walk into the grocery store and My companion is like I'm going to get some milk and I'm like "I think I should go buy some fruit" So I walk over to the fruit stand and start picking out my bananas and guiabas and maças and everything else when all of the sudden the Store manager comes up to me and is like "Hey you are missionary?" and my first thought is "Oh crap what did my companion do this time?" I just smile and I'm like Yes, He is all, "I've seen you two come in many times and you just shine, how can I get that? Do I need to read the Mormon Bible?" 
OH MY GOSH!!! WHAT?!?!
So I start talking to him about the Book of Mormon and he is like yeah I live right next to the Mormon Church You all can come and stop buy and teach me and my family. 
I got so excited until I got his address and found out that he doesn't live in our area.

But hey its all good, because lesson learned that you never know who is watching you and you never know what kind of silent influence you can be in the lives of others. Also It doesn't matter what role we play in the lives of others, some times we are the missionaries that find and don't baptize but that's okay.

I love you, have a great week!

Love, Sister Roberts :D

No comments:

Post a Comment