Monday, February 23, 2015

Lago de Silvério

So yet again it took a year to get here, haha I had left Poços de Caldas Monday afternoon slept in São João da Boa Visita with the sisters there, and then traveled to Pircicaba and met everyone in the Bus Station. It was weird because I didn't know anyone!! Hhaha you know you are old on the mission when you don't know ANY of the missionaries at the Bus Station! But it was cool I took the opportunity and made some new friends and I hung out with Sister Sargent while she was waiting for her parents to pick her up (yeah that was probably the most trunkiest moment of my life seeing her parents pick her up..never again!). I met my new companion, Sister G. Carvalho. She is from the Southern Part of Brazil, Rio Grande do Sol! She is awesome..haha I love her already, oh my gosh I have laughed so much this week you have no idea!. So we slept in São Manuel with the Sisters there. 

So part of my new calling includes going on divisions with some sisters and helping them out with their difficulties. I had a really spiritual experience Tuesday night as we were talking with the Sisters in São Manuel. One of them just arrived here in the mission and was really struggling. She was sitting alone in her room, so I went in to go talk to her. Man she reminded me of me, my first transfer was so hard, you know, in a new place, new routine, new people, different county, different culture..its hard. We had such a good talk about the atonement. It feels good to help other people. And this experience helped me realize that with the Lords help we are capable of our Callings.

Finally Wednesday afternoon we got here in Jaú! So Jaú is a small city that has two branches. Yep this will be my first time in a Branch (the actual name of my branch and area is Lago de Silvério), and I'm not even in a stake haha I'm in a district, So the church here is really small but it is growing! I really like this area, its got so much potential. Its going to be fun watching this little branch grow.

This week we worked so hard!!!!! Oh my gosh it is so hot here and I am so tierd. We walked so much running to each appointment, but we invited a ton of people to be baptized. We had a lot of investigators at Church. Its good because all of this work is keeping from being trunky!!

okay, I love you all!!

Have a Good Week

Love, Sister Roberts

p.s. I will try to send out pictures next week. my card reader broke :(

No comments:

Post a Comment